It is not easy to smile with an impending divorce, but life must go on even after the papers are signed. Rather than wallow in self-pity, take a look at these 9 interesting divorce facts and prepare to handle this event like a pro.
1. DIY divorce kits are sold online for a small price. Although it might seem like a good idea to purchase a kit, avoiding them altogether is the most viable option because you do not get the legal expertise that you may need.
2. When you hire a divorce attorney Tampa you get peace of mind and assurance that the outcome of the case will be favorable to your needs. They have the legal expertise that makes a difference.
3. Divorce attorneys minimize the contact you need to make with your spouse during the proceedings. Furthermore, they can take care of other divorce-related matters during one appearance. This includes issues like child support, child custody, spousal support, etc.
4. Did you live with your spouse before tying the knot? Many studies show that couples who shack up before marriage are twice as likely to get a divorce than couples who did not live together.
5. Every hour, there are 100 new divorces filed in the U.S.
6. It takes an average of 18 months to finish a divorce and another 18 months for the parties in the divorce to get over the emotional devastation of the event.
7. People who do not smile in photos are 5x more likely to divorce than people who smile in their pictures.
8. Florida is an equal distribution state. This means during a divorce, each party leaves with the items they brought into the marriage/purchased during the marriage, and the debts they’re incurred.
9. A Parent Education & Stabilization class must be completed by couples in Tampa who are divorcing and have children.