More than 4,100 people were killed while working and more than 3.3 million people were seriously injured or injured on-the-job in 2015. Those numbers are staggering, to say the least. If you’ve been injured at-work, make sure to reach out to a work related injury lawyer Hillsboro OR as quickly as possible. Attorney will seek justice for your injuries, helping make life whole after this event has turned life upside down.
Some of the most common workplace injuries include:
· Violent Acts: Employee violence against one another leads to many people visiting the E.R. or sustaining serious injuries after words escalate. Numbers of employee violence are increasing, as shocking as it sounds.
· Machine Injuries: Entanglement in a machine is a common workplace injury, though it is one of the many machine-related injuries that a worker may experience. These injuries, as suspected, are most common in construction and industrial settings.
· Slips & Falls: A slip and fall accident can become quite serious in some situations. This common workplace injury can lead to broken bones and a plethora of other types of injuries.
· Vehicle Accidents: The forklift is one of the most commonly used vehicles in the industrial setting. It is a safe machine, though it can easily tip over if it is improperly driven. Vehicle accidents account for numerous workplace injuries each year.
· Falling Objects: proper stacking and storage is important. If items are not properly stacked and stored, they can fall on employees’ heads and cause injuries. Sometimes the injuries sustained from falling objects are life-threatening, so do not think that this is not a very serious accident.
· Repetitive Motion Injuries: Many people who work in office-type environments sustain repetitive motion injuries from using their hands, fingers, and wrists on a regular basis. Back pain is also a common injury, though it is usually related to improper lifting.